• The City of Ekurhuleni shall at all times and for whatever reason, have the sole and exclusive right to suspend or terminate the service with prior written notification and provide reason for such termination or suspension. However, without prejudice to the foregoing, the City of Ekurhuleni will not exercise its rights in terms of this clause without just cause.
• The user acknowledges and accepts that the City of Ekurhuleni service may become unavailable from time-to-time due to various circumstances, including:
o technical failure or problems with the Siyakhokha service ;
o infrastructure or technical problems with third party information technology systems;
o unavailability of telecommunication or electricity services;
o or other circumstances beyond the control of the City of Ekurhuleni.
• Without derogating from the provisions of this clause, the user undertakes to limit their potential debt caused by any unavailability of the municipal service by making use of alternative account statement enquiry and payment methods available to consumers.
• The City of Ekurhuleni expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to do any of the following, at any time without prior notice to the user:
o change these Terms and Conditions;
o change the content and/or services available from Siyakhokha;
o discontinue any aspect of the Siyakhokha service; and/or
o change the software and hardware required to access and use Siyakhokha.
• Any new version of the Terms and Conditions will be displayed on Siyakhokha. It is the users’ obligation to visit Siyakhokha on a regular basis in order to determine whether any amendments have been made to the Terms and Conditions. By accessing Siyakhokha, the user will be bound by the latest version of the Terms and Conditions, as published on Siyakhokha.
• The Terms and Conditions evidences the sole terms and conditions governing the services.
• Users acknowledge and agree that any warranties, statements or representations of whatever nature and in whatever form, including promotional materials, granted or made by the City of Ekurhuleni, its employees, agents or advisors which are not stated in the Conditions of Use shall not be valid and enforceable and users shall not hold the City of Ekurhuleni liable to any such warranty or representation, whether made prior to, during or after concluding the Conditions of Use.
• To the extent permitted by law, the City of Ekurhuleni (including its employees, suppliers, Internet service providers, partners, affiliates and agents) shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of any nature incurred by person and resulting from:
o access to Siyakhokha;
o access to websites linked to Siyakhokha;
o inability to access Siyakhokha;
o inability to access websites linked to Siyakhokha;
o content available on Siyakhokha;
o services available from Siyakhokha; and/or
o downloads and use of content from Siyakhokha.
• The City of Ekurhuleni site and service are provided "as is" and the City of Ekurhuleni makes no express or implied representations or warranties with regard thereto. Without limiting the generality of the a foregoing:-
o the City of Ekurhuleni does not warrant that the website, its contents, any third party content and services, payment or the municipal services will be error free or will meet any
particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, performance or quality. The City of Ekurhuleni expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without
limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy; and
o whilst the City of Ekurhuleni has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of the services, no warranty, whether express or implied is given that any files, downloads or
applications available via the website are free of viruses or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of a user’s system.
• These conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.