• These conditions will govern the relationship between the City of Ekurhuleni and the registered account holder as rendered by the City of Ekurhuleni via the Siyakhokha service.
• The account holder understands that by submitting their registration to subscribe to the service that they have familiarised themselves with the contents in the Terms and Conditions, and that the account holder intends to be bound by the contents.
• This agreement will commence when the City of Ekurhuleni accepts the account holders request to subscribe to service, which acceptance will manifest at that point in time when the City of Ekurhuleni sends the account holders an activation confirmation (the ‘commencement date’).
• "Agent" means a person who acts on behalf of a user or a registered account holder;
• "City of Ekurhuleni" means a municipality established in terms of section 12 of Local Government Act, 1998 (Act no: 117 of 1998)
• "Siyakhokha site" means the website through which the City of Ekurhuleni provides the service.
• "Registered Account Holder" means the registered holder of an account, whether it be in a personal or business capacity, held with the City of Ekurhuleni for services rendered by or on behalf of the City.
• "Service" means the electronic statement presentation, enquiry and payment solution as well as any other services provided on the Siyakhokha site.
• "Registration" means the action whereby the User indicates to the City of Ekurhuleni that they want to utilise the service.
• "User" means all persons who access, view, download from, or use the Siyakhokha site whether on the Internet, mobile device or kiosk. "Users" includes "Registered Account Holders".
• "Writing" means the act or process of producing and recording words in a form that can be read and understood and shall include e-mails, facscimile, e-registered or registered post;
• An expression which denotes:
o any gender includes the other genders;
o a natural person includes a juristic person and vice versa;
o the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
• These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all users and becomes binding between the City of Ekurhuleni and a user immediately upon the user accessing, viewing or using the service or its contents.
• When a user visits the Siyakhokha website or sends an e-mail to the City of Ekurhuleni, that user consents to receiving communications from the City of Ekurhuleni electronically and agrees that all agreements, statements, bills, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by the City of Ekurhuleni satisfies any legal requirements including, but not limited to, the requirement that such communications are considered to be "in writing" with the same legal stature as a written document.
• The User accepts and acknowledges that, once the account is registered on Siyakhokha, the City of Ekurhuleni will cease to send the account holder statements via manual postal delivery.